It all went REALLY WELL!
I knew a lot of the information, and Mike was so cute, asking me questions like "what is an Oocyte?" and made fun of me in the car on the way there when I was telling him that J#1 is having a singleton and J#2 is having twins - he made fun of the word "singleton" - that it's actually called that - and all over the slides at the orientation was "singleton" hahahaha.
I thought it was funny at one point the Dr. said sometimes they transfer three and it is possible for one to split into twins to have quads, but that is "once in a blue moon" HA! at the break I had to share my friend K's story with the girl next to me heheheehe... Most of you know K - but she transferred 3 embryo's and one split into twins - she now has quads - 3boys/1girl :)
There are so many programs they have -
1. Shared risk w/o monitoring, b/w or meds with 100% back (3 fresh/3FET)
2. Same as above with 80% back (a bit cheaper)(3 fresh/3FET);
And you can add monitoring and b/w to the first two above for 25% over the program cost....
3. Hope program that includes monitoring, ultrasounds, bloodwork and the bigger meds w/100% back - on everything - meds etc! (3 fresh/3fet) - that one is $$$$$$$ (Mike said it's called the HOPE program, cause they're HOPING someone can afford it LOL...)
All three come with ICSI, Cryo and storage for a year for frosties, and assisted hatching.
So, we're just trying to decide which to go with at this point. I am going to apply for the free meds thing some friends told me about, so hopefully that will help a bit - but it sounds like their office uses follistim vs gonal-f...but we'll see....
We're leaning towards one of the first two - and probably won't do the 25% for monitoring, but we're still trying to figure out the pros and cons...
Oh and they had a couple come in that went through the process that we could ask questions and they shared their story - they now have a 2 mo baby boy (they brought pics ) and they were just so nice and couldn't say enough nice things - they said they never felt rushed and always felt important, the nurses and staff all knew their name, and even though the staff tell people all the time they are pregnant - they said it felt really special.
They also have a system called Medvoice. Where each patient gets a special code, so you call in and have messages waiting for you - so say it's info on what meds to start taking when, or the embryologist's report - they just leave it on your own personal mailbox, and vice versa - you can leave messages for them as well. Kinda cool!
The other thing we found out is that for the shared risk program to be successful, they say that you take a baby home from the hospital, plus 30 days of life. I think that is incredible. So, we have an 80% chance to become parents.
I liked the clinic and the two Dr.s that I met were great. We're super excited....just have to figure a few things out and we're ready to go!
Friday, March 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am so exited for you! I bet you will be pregnant in no time!
ReplyDeleteGlad it went well!! I think you'll be pregnant quickly, too. Our shared risk program included all the monitoring/bloodwork, but not meds. It was 100% back, and 6 attempts (fresh/frozen were not distinguished). I'm so glad you are moving along!- Tkeys
ReplyDeleteThat all sounds great!! You will learn, IVF is always about making big decisions....
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to go along on this journey with you!!!
SO EXCITED FOR THE POSSIBILITIES FOR U!! :):):)!!!!! (TApshoe) Meaghan)
ReplyDeleteFrom J#2. . .I'm so excited for you and the possibilities!
ReplyDelete