Why do you like to play hide and seek behind my Uterus. So annoying! I mean, just show us the goods!
My update is not a good one. This morning at my U/S appt, the nurse could not find either of my ovaries, after 10 mins of looking, pushing on my abdomen and contorting a wand where it really probably should not be able to go! she went to find one of the Dr.s. (not my Dr.) he finally found my right ovary after pushing on my abdomen a bit and he found 2 follies (14.5 and 15mm) and the left had a one 11mm follie. That's it. Did you count that? 6 days of stimming meds and yes, I have three follicles. GRRRRR Then, the Dr. asked if I was on Clomid. CLOMID. OMG - I about started to cry right there. Three. THREE...3
I then sat down with the nurse and I told her, "I know this is not good." She told me that yes, the cycle *might* be cancelled if I have less than 4 follicles, but because my ovaries were hiding, there may be more there and that we would know more on Saturday at my appt.
I am to check in later today to find out if they are changing my meds at all. I only have enough to get me through Monday, so I'll have to do some scrambling if they up my dosage. If I have only have the 3 follicles on Saturday, I will be converted to an IUI. (If we want one, which I do) And We'll have to pay extra for that. And I'm not even sure I want to do IVF with only 4 follicles, I mean the odds aren't that good, right?
She said all my bloodwork is in perfect range. I just don't understand. I'm a bit upset to say the least.
Why can't something go right for me? Why is all my bloodwork perfect looking when I only have 3 follicles? Maybe me screwing up the first day of meds had something to do with it. Is the Lupron supressing me too much...all questions I don't have answers to.
I'm just so angry. I mean, we FINALLY come to this decision to do IVF and now everything is going wrong.
Mike's been a sweetie and just PM'd me:
"Well, maybe they are right and its just your dodgie ovaries and hidden follicles.....keep thinking positive.... bottom line is we are doing everything (literally) humanly possible to make this work, so its either going to work or it won't..... keep thinking positive as there is nothing more we can do.....i love u sweetie....i know there's probably nothing that can make your day go way better, but i'll be thinking of you all day."
I'm off to my acupuncture appt. HUGS if you got this far hehe :)
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh no!!! I'm so sorry!!! Hopefully you will get better news soon!!!
ReplyDeleteSorry hunny! I was hoping for great news for you today. I hope Sunday they are able to get a good peak and see some great follies hiding in there!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry! That is just so frustrating. Sometimes, there is no good explanation - and sometimes the response can pick up. It is normal to stim for 10-12 days, and it is often better to stim the full time and have good follies than to stim too quickly. It may be that they will see more follicles on Saturday.
ReplyDeleteAND, if they don't and you have to be cancelled...you'll face that when the time comes. You'll talk to your doctor about the protocols, and they'll either increase the dosages next cycle, or try different medications, or switch you to a flare protocol or a non-lupron protocol.
I was an over-responder for most of my cycles. For IVF, I started out with too many...and then around day 6 I only had 4 or 5 growing. Yup, that's it. All the rest tanked out. We thought we were going to be canceled and I was devastated. They increased my meds, I had DH do a follicle dance (okay - that was for pure entertainment value), I soaked my feet in hot water, I ate lots of protein - every old wives tale I'd ever heard, I did. And 2 days later...there were 7 follicles, enough to keep going. At retrieval, they got 9 (I was hoping to still make it to 12, but 9 was the number).
This is your first time on these meds, and it is guess work - they don't always get it right the first time. BUT, you did the shared risk, right? And if you are converted to IUI, it may not count against your attempts. Sometimes, IVF #1 is a learning experience...and sometimes it works out despite how awful it seems to be going.
- Tkeys
Hugs to you, Leah - keep those good, positive thoughts, and don't lose that wonderful sense of humor - patience is a virtue, of which you win the grand prize! Love from your Berthoud Fan Club !!! xxx
ReplyDeleteAwwww, what a sweet hubbie you have there, Leah. I hope you it works out for you and your stubborn ovaries are being just that, STUBBORN. *hugs*
ReplyDeleteLeah, im so sad. I just read your post...u must be so frustrated beyond words and as u said, so upset. I will keep u in my thoughts as always...let u sknow if they find the missing pieces!!!
ReplyDeletemeaghan (tapshoe)