Mallory!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, April 16, 2010

My Protocol :)

I know I should have posted this sooner, but it's been really busy lately!

1st, Sunday night I slept horribly (the night before our appt!) The hotel bed was comfy and had plush pillows and I even had my relaxation tapes but I was burning up (I'm usually cold). Well, by morning I had the WORST sore throat...I drove to a gas station and got ibuprofen at 5:15am it hurt so bad. I was just in disbelief that I was getting sick - NOW, of all times!

Got ready and drank my water like I was supposed to and drove over to the clinic (one mile away :) ) and got there at 7:15 am.

LOTS of info, really fast! Mike was "are you getting all of this?" All went well with my mock transfer, and no polyps, fibroids, etc on my sonohystogram and my ovaries were quiet and empty :)

Mike's S/A was awesome so the meds have been helping :)

And all my hormone tests came back in perfect range :) I'm SO happy! So - what you really want to know - is:

They took me off BCP's Monday the - 12th - I start them back up again on the 19th. (they didn't want me on them for 6 wks, but since I was surpressed already, I'll go back on them for only about 2 more weeks).

I start Lupron on April 27th
Stop BCP's on May 1st
Baseline U/S and BW on May 6th at 9:15 am
Meds are to arrive in the mail on April 27th
I start Menopur and Bravelle on May 8th. I start lowering my dose of Lupron at that time to .05. On the second and 5th day of these meds (Gonodotropins) I go in for U/S and or B/W - then on that 5th day on they'll give me the rest of my protocol, depending on everything is going.

So my *tentative retrieval* is May 17th, of course that is just tentative. It can be a day or two on each side of that date.

We agreed to transfer 2. (they won't allow 3 unless you have a past unsuccessful IVF, and it doesn't increase the chances of twins they said- it only increases the chances of triplets to 7%, interesting!)

Then we had injections training. Mike said he is willing to help with the Progesterone Oil shots. I'm not quite sure I believe him just yet :) but mom is just 3 mins down the road.

The Dr. said we have about a 65% chance of conception from what she can see :) I'm super excited. I just wish I was starting the Lupron NOW! However, I am glad I have time to get over this cold! Now it's Friday and feeling a bit better!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are off to a great start! 65% is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was given 60% chance so 65% is great!!! I can't believe how close you are and I can't wait to follow you in your journey!

    ReplyDelete