Mallory!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

IVF Class

So, I got some initial paperwork on Monday, filled it out, sent it back and after Ada and I played phone tag yesterday, we finally talked this morning and we are now scheduled to attend the IVF Introduction Class on Thursday, March 11th from 7-9pm. It's a bit of a drive away, but I'm sooooo excited to go.

Last night Mike was a bit hesitant again to move forward with this - I understand, it IS a lot of money and Insurance covers not one single, solitary cent of it. He just feels if we try on our own long enough, it will happen. I think after our talk last night, he's finally seeing my side of things....

After the class, we will have to do a lot of blood tests for both of us, S/A for Mike, forwarding medical records, take a class about injections, and all before our first appointment. If everything comes back normal with those tests, we'll have our initial appt, where we figure out our game plan, do a mock transfer and sonohystogram and then I think I go on BCP's and we're off to the races....

It seems like a lot to do, but I know we have time. I think we will be right on schedule for May/June IVF....

5 comments:

  1. So glad you are moving forward! Our insurance did not cover anything either but it was so worth every cent! I can't wait to follow your journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on making the decision to move forward. I'll try to follow your IVF the best I can. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay Leah!!! I was wonder what your next plan would be. I am so excited to hear this news and I know you will have a bean or two in there very soon. I can't wait to follow your journey and I will send you all the baby dust I can find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really excited for you! It is SUCH a big decision, and my DH definitely wavered a lot before we moved forward. It is a lot to do, but it all kind of flies by while you are in the midst of it. Most of the tests are no big deal, and you've already done a bunch of them. I'm really excited for you - May/June will be here before you know it!! I knew when we made our decision that I just couldn't take waiting around and hoping any longer - I just *had* to do something. We have NO regrets about our decision to move forward, and neither will you and Mike! - Tkeys

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is So awesome Leah!!! I'm excited for you! So glad I found your blog! I'm def thinking about you and routing for you!!

    ReplyDelete