Mallory!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Update...much needed :)

So, I had a couple appts the week before Halloween, and they upped my meds from 2 Menopur / 4 Bravelle to 7 Bravelle on day 5 and I continued that for another 6 days for a total of 11 days of stims. At almost the double amount of meds I've needed in the past. On Monday, Oct 29th I had 4 follicles, 17.5, 15, 14.5 and a 12.5. My estrogen was up to 980, which is great. I was sad, because extra meds apparently do not mean more follicles :(. They had me stim one more day and trigger on Tuesday night (Oct 29th) at 11:45pm.

Halloween, we headed to our retrieval :) It went well! We actually got 5 eggs, but they said one was small. I did fine in recovery and rested that day. I had to call in on Saturday to get the info for transfer and was SHOCKED that they wanted to do a 5 day transfer (5dt). I've NEVER done one before and last time I had 11 eggs and they still didn't do a 5dt. I was freaking out. I was worried they would die in the lab and not make it and I'd have nothing to transfer and the cycle would be a total bust. But I have to trust they know what they are doing. Also, I came to realize, that if they make it to day 5, they are doing great and that is what we want. I do not want to have to go through another miscarriage if I can help it. Maybe a 5dt was great because they all were thriving and fertilized (although they don't give us a report until the day of transfer).

So we headed to Woodbury at 6:45am - got there at 8:45. The whole time I was just praying I didn't get a cancellation phone call on the way. No news meant good news and the embryologist came in and said we had a PERFECT blastocyst - a grade 1. (1 is best, 3 is worst) and this was a ONE!! Mallory was a 1.5!! And we also had a 1.8 Morula (one more day and the morula would be a blastocyst). And the other THREE are still growing and were currently Morulas. SHOCKED! It is really good to have a 100% fertilization rate and for them to continue growing. We might even have one to freeze!

Transfer went great and they said my lining looked perfect.

So, now we wait! I've been testing out the trigger shot (false positives) so I know when it's negative and then can know for certain if it's a positive test :). But that is just the first hurdle, then we have to get to U/S and then the next U/S and then I just MIGHT be able to relax. Maybe.

My Blood Beta tests are scheduled for the 15th and 18th. UGH a weekend wait again. And normally I go in at 13 and 15 days after retrieval...not sure why they pushed it out this time. They don't tell me the results until both tests have been drawn. GRRRRRRRR I hate waiting :)

So for now, I wait...and here are my beautiful embabies!!
 photo Oct2013293a.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment