That stands for "Gestational Diabetes" - Hi, I'm Leah and I'm a GD test failer. Twice. I failed the one hour and failed the 3 hour (this was right around Thanksgiving).
So I went to a dietician and a diabetic counselor. I have to check my blood sugar 4 times a day. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. I actually lost 3 lbs in the first 5 days of the diet - so I upped the carbs I was eating (ex. for lunch I can have 30-60 carbs, I was eating around 35 - but now I'm up to around 50-60 so I don't lose weight).
It's going well and the dietician and my Dr. are happy with where I'm at. But, I will be induced at 39 weeks, as GD babies can get too chubby :) and are harder to deliver.
Friday, January 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good luck with the induction. I am so happy for you Leah...you have done so well!!!
ReplyDelete