So, my sister sent me this article about U/Ss
Blog: The Healthy Home Economist
Post: Prenatal Ultrasounds: A Risky Proposition
Link: http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/2010/09/prenatal-ultrasounds-risky-proposition.html
Okay - told Mike about this and he thought it was Hooey - However (and I'll preface this by saying that both me and baby are JUST FINE) but I had to go to the ER last night (I can just hear my sister saying, Leah, this would ONLY happen to YOU! :)) because I knew I was having another kidney stone attack :( - but normally I would have held out a bit longer - until I was in more pain and had time to chug some more water, but since I'm pregnant, I didn't want to take any chances, so we went to the ER at 6:30.
They checked me in and then took me to labor and deliver to make sure she was fine and that I wasn't having contractions and was in labor (which I knew I wasn't, because it wasn't tightening - it was just constant pain on my left). I checked out fine and they freaked me out with having a hard time finding her heartbeat, but then did and it was a strong 160bpm. That was a relief. Then they put the contraction monitor belt on and baby girl - she did not like that at ALL - seriously, she kicked the monitor at LEAST 15 times - right where it was. So, I have to say, there has to be SOME truth or some recognition on her part that it was there and she did NOT like it! :(
Good news is that and hour and a half after I got there - they got me some pain meds - MORPHINE! but I was unsure if I wanted it, so the Dr. gave me a half dose. It's safe for both of us. I felt so much better after that and I had a bag of IV and then they sent me home. They did find blood in my urine, so they also thought it was probably a stone, but they can't do any other testing, because all of them are bad for the baby.
But the best news? I found the stone this am! I passed it around 6am - I actually thought it was like a bug or something cause it was so huge! I'm just so glad - cause I never caught my other ones and now I can have it analyzed so I know what is causing them! I'm taking it in today - but it looks exactly like this:
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=picture+of+kidney+stones&FORM=IGRE&qpvt=picture+of+kidney+stones#focal=6dbde152afdb23eec104deb1c1bc5e8f&furl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.drnickcampos.com%2Fhealth-newsletter%2Fkidney%2520stone.jpg
BUT MINE WAS NOT that big - just looks like a small version of that.
Monday, October 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Glad you and the baby are both ok and the stone passed!
ReplyDeleteI've been MIA from blog land but I wanted to say I am glad all is well and I'm sure you are feeling better by now. (((Hugs)))
ReplyDelete